Click here to view this page in Spanish
- When does Summer Intersession start?
The first day of Summer Intersession is 7-1-2022.
- When does Summer Intersession end?
The end date varies by district. Vista Real will need approximately 2 weeks to finalize report cards and update transcripts.
Simi Valley: 7-29-2022
Oxnard Union: 8-5-2022
Oak Park: 7-29-2022
Las Virgenes: 8-12-2022
Conejo Valley: 8-12-2022
Oaks Christian: 8-12-2022
Santa Paula: 7-29-2022
There may be districts that are not listed here.
Districts listed with TBD had not yet released their 2022-2023 calendar when this document was produced.
- When can students/parents start signing up?
The Referral Form will be available on the VRCHS website on February 15, 2022. You will receive a reply email that has additional information and a registration id number that you will need to schedule a mandatory Virtual Orientation that will take place in June. The reply email will also contain a link for you to choose a day/time in June to pick up technology.
- When is the last day to enroll?
June 3rd by 4pm is the deadline for completing the enrollment process.
- What steps need to be taken to complete the enrollment process? (All of these steps must be completed for the student to be enrolled.)
a. Complete the Referral Form on the website
b. Attend a Virtual Orientation Meeting in June (mandatory for parent/guardian and student to attend)
c. Attend a Virtual Meet & Greet with your teacher on 7/1 (10am or 1pm)
- How many classes/credits can students take?
Students can take a total of 10 credits (2 semester courses) during Summer Intersession.
- Can students take both courses at the same time?
You must complete 1 course/semester before you may begin the second course/semester.
- Does it matter which course students take first?
You should complete the courses in the order that your counselor recommends. If you haven’t completed your first credit by Friday, July 22, you will be dropped from Summer Intersession.
- What if a student has a 504 Plan or IEP?
Please send any 504 Plan or IEP to Cece Dullam. (See contact information in question 35.)
- What steps should be taken if a student decides not to remain enrolled in Summer Intersession?
Whether you make this decision prior to or after Summer Intersession begins on 7-1-2022, please inform our Operations Staff (805.702.1547) if you decide not to remain enrolled.
- Is Summer Intersession virtual or in-person?
Summer Intersession 2022 will be virtual. Students will be required to attend Virtual Classroom Hours. We will do our best to accommodate your scheduling preferences; however, there will be specific days and times that specific courses will be offered.
- Do students attend every day?
Students will attend Virtual Classroom Hours 2 times per week for 2 hours each session.
- Is a counselor referral required to sign up for Summer Intersession?
We highly recommend students speak with their high school counselor prior to signing up for Summer Intersession. Vista Real is not responsible for students that select the wrong course(s) during the summer.
- Is Summer Intersession free?
Vista Real is a public charter high school. Summer Intersession is free. Note: Students are not allowed to be enrolled in 2 public high schools simultaneously during the summer.
- Does the school provide technology?
Yes, Vista Real will provide technology. Students that have technology issued from their home district will still need to check out technology for Summer Intersession to avoid possible accessibility issues. Parents or guardians/students will schedule an appointment to pick up technology at the Camarillo campus (4001 Mission Oaks Blvd. Suite E Camarillo, CA 93012).
- Can a student use their school issued laptop/family laptop?
To avoid possible accessibility issues, we ask that students use Vista Real issued technology. We have found that some students with non-Vista Real issued technology have difficulty accessing some of our educational websites.
- What courses are offered during Summer Intersession?
The Summer Intersession Referral Form has a list of all courses that are offered during Summer Intersession.
- Are Summer Intersession courses a-g/college prep?
An asterisk (*) next to a course indicates that it fulfills a-g requirements.
- Are your courses NCAA approved?
Yes, Vista Real has courses that are NCAA approved. It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian and the student to check that they are choosing the correct course, which is why Vista Real strongly recommends students speak to their high school counselor prior to selecting courses. If a student plans on playing sports at a Division I or Division II university, please contact Cece Dullam to ensure that the correct curriculum is assigned. (See contact information in question 35).
- Does Vista Real offer Honors courses during Summer Intersession?
Vista Real does not offer Honors courses during Summer Intersession.
- How do students complete the credits?
Credits will be assigned to students in Google Classroom. Students will use an app called Kami to answer questions within the credit. Many credits also require a performance task, like an essay or project, that students will submit through Google Classroom. If a student is unfamiliar with these digital tools, a staff member will help.
- What constitutes a credit?
Each assigned Learning Events Packet with all required components is equal to one credit. These are labeled numerically in the order that they will be assigned and completed. Upon full completion and grading by a teacher, the student will have earned that credit.
- What does a completed credit consist of?
Most credits require a completed Learning Events Packet and a Performance Task, like an essay or a project.
- What happens if a student doesn’t complete all components of a credit?
A credit is not complete without all components. If a component is missing, the credit will not be graded. The teacher will return the incomplete credit through Google Classroom which will then alert the student via school e-mail. It is then the student’s responsibility to complete and re-submit the credit. Students are welcome to reach out to their teacher any time between 9:00-3:00 M-F for additional support.
- What if a student doesn’t complete 5 or 10 credits of a course?
Traditional, comprehensive high school districts may not accept core credits if an entire semester (5 credits) is not completed. That means if a student does not complete 5 credits of a class, the student’s district will determine how those credits will be applied to the transcript.
- When will students receive their first credit?
Students will receive their first credit on 7-1-2022.
- Does the student get all 5 credits of a semester course at the same time?
Students will receive 1 credit at a time in sequential order.
- What if a student changes their mind about the course(s) they want to take?
Vista Real will gladly accommodate course adjustments prior to 7-1-2022. Parents or guardians/students should contact the Assistant Principal, Cece Dullam, to change your course selection. (See contact information in question 35).
- How will a student’s school get the transcripts?
Transcripts will be sent via FedEx to each high school. Students may request an official transcript to pick up from Vista Real. Parents should call 805.702.1547 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an official transcript.
- When will transcripts be delivered/available?
Transcripts will be sent to each high school prior to the first day of school.
- What if a student would like to enroll full-time at Vista Real for the 2022-2023 school year?
We would love to have you! The student’s parent/guardian should contact Jessica Ortega (email@example.com 805.223.1919) or Juana De Santiago (firstname.lastname@example.org 805.206.5726) to schedule an orientation appointment at the closest Vista Real learning center to begin the enrollment process for our year-round program.
- Who do I contact for questions/concerns?
Enrollment Procedures – Operations Staff
Technology Pick-Up Questions – Operations Staff
504 Plans/IEPs – Cece Dullam
Course Changes – Cece Dullam
Student Progress – Individual Teacher Contact Information will be given during the 7/1 Meet and Greet
Transcripts – Operations Staff
General Questions/Concerns– Cece Dullam